And that has been how God speaks to me lately. I check my friend's blogs and then I scan their friend's blogs, and every once in a while I stumble across a post that brings tears or chills. Today this was my treasure. Enjoy :-)
WHAT I WOULD TELL HER: (If I knew what to say.)
You are a miracle.
And I have to love you this fiercely: So that you can feel it even after you leave for school, or even while you are asleep, or even after your childhood becomes a memory.
You’ll forget all this when you grow up. But it’s okay.
Being a mother means having your heart broken.
And it means loving and losing and falling apart and coming back together.
And it’s the best there is. And also, sometimes, the worst.
Sometimes you won’t have anyone to talk to.
Sometimes you’ll wonder if you’ve forgotten who you are.
But you must remember this: What you’re doing matters.
And you have to be brave with your life so that others can be brave with theirs.
The truth is, being a woman is a gift. Tenderness is a gift. Intimacy is a gift. And nurturing the good in this world is a nothing short of a privilege.
That’s why I have to love you this way. So I can give what I have to you. So that you can carry it in your body and pass it on.
I have watched you sleep. I’ve kissed you a million times. And I know something that you don’t, yet:
You are writing the story of your only life every single minute of every day.
And my greatest hope for you, sweet child, is that I can teach you how to write a good one.
http://katherinecenter.com/
Personal:
This week has been super hard for me, for various reasons. Coming to the end of an chapter in my life. I know this is a good thing but even good things are painful. I am facing some very challenging days with this thing they call "co-parenting". I have nothing nice, not one single nice thing to say. I can not even pretend to be nice today. Nope...if I were to give in to my foolish and sinful nature I would post some very hurtful and ugly (TRUE) facts. But in an effort to be a better person, I choose to clench my jaw and simply think horrible thoughts. I am asking for prayer though. God knows the situation and while it is not the absolute worst case scenario...it is so painful it takes my breath away. So please...if you are the praying type~pray for me and my girls.
I want to rant, ramble, bawl and cleanse by aching heart. However, I have learned that this urge to act is much like the act of scratching chicken pox spots. It only makes the itch worse, then you bleed an are left with scars. I have enough of those and so I am sitting on my hands. While my heart races, my lungs beg for oxygen, all I can do is pray.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment