Today is Friday. A day that is "supposed" to be great...instead today is a sad, sad day.
The last few weeks have been rough stuff around here. Abigail has a good friend here in Waco whose dad died at the beginning of last week. At the end of last week, a close friend of mine was informed that her 3 year old son has leukemia. Today, a school shooting in a KINDERGARTEN class!
Good news is that's 3, which means the remainder of the year ought to be good.
I am able to take comfort in knowing there is a higher power. Amid all the tragedy...good things are happening. One post of fb pointed to the truth that even though these lives were cut far to short, they made a HUGE impact on the ENTIRE world. One of my favorites quotes is "there is no footprint too small to leave an imprint on this world". This brought great comfort to my grieving soul when I miscarried. Another comfort was this thought from dear, wise friend. All beings accept a purpose in being created. Some do not live to take a first breath, regardless they accepted their mission and fulfill their purpose. These tiny lives have fulfilled a purpose far greater than we can comprehend. When tragedy happens, we look for good, we look for those to join forces with, we remember to appreciate what we have. In the midst of this chaotic season...that is a poignant reminder to STOP and hug our babies and loved ones close.
Nothing we can say will explain why things like this happen, we can lay blame and cry till we puke...but it doesn't change anything. It is what it is.
But it is also what we make it. In light of this event, I will guard my babies a little closer. I will hug them tighter and kiss their heads a few more times before I fall asleep. I will pray over them continually. I will dream of their futures, and claim the goodness in it.
I beseech whoever may read this to do that same. It is NOT our place to judge. It is not OUR tragedy to mourn. Instead, acknowledge the sadness and use it for good in your own lives. Hug your babies. Pay attention to your gut. Do something kind for a stranger to remind other that there is STILL good int the world. And trust...that whatever will be, will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment