Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Need to vent!!!

Yes according to some, my kids know too much. They are my children, therefore part of me and so I know their hearts and personality and I will answer their questions as I see fit. I do believe in protecting my children, but I also believe in honesty and open relationships and I will not taint my relationship with my children by lying to them. It will not make them love me more or less. The people I hold most dear are the one who love me enough to tell it to me straight and respect my right to disagree. Abigail and Amelia will uncover enough lies in their lifetime, I want to be responsible for as few of those as possible.

My relationship with their father is not good. It is not horrid but we do not talk because he is not honest or well, nice. He is only interested in what benefits him, if and when we negotiate it is only if he can get something extra out of it. As for his wife...she is a child of God and he will deal with her. In the meantime, I am allowed to feel the way I do. I am not required to love her...God may love her through me, but I do not have to like her behavior or attitude. I was raised treat others the way I wish to be treated and so I will continue to try and be civil to her for the sake of my children and hers. She is responsible for her own behavior.

So, if I post something that makes you think I'm crazy. I am. I will not deny it. After all, I am a Gaither but nature. But I am also very happy, loved and excited to move on with my life. I see how God has turned this situation around and has used it to shape me into the woman I am today. The divorce was not something I asked for, or wanted in any way shape or form...but it was a blessing. It was a release from a situation that never would have allowed me to bloom.

No comments: