I have to brag on my babies a bit...
We have been having issues at dinner because I will fix and meal and as soon as I call everyone to the table I hear a chorus of "i don't want that". So last week, after a funky day I told them they could fix dinner. So last night as I am taking a poll of who wants what because I have no motivation or creativity, Abigail reminds me that it is their turn to cook. Happy Mommy!
She fixed hot dogs, mac-n-cheese, pears and peas. How awesome is that?! She even let Amelia help, just a little bit and not without a squabble, but its still pretty amazing in my book.
Today I took Maelei to get bathed and dipped because the poor girl needed a break! She has been fighting a losing battle with the ticks this year and it was heartbreaking to see her come to the backdoor all bloody when she had knocked one lose. We have done everything we can think of (short of bringing her inside) and still the ticks were winning. Today though she is resting comfortably inside, all fresh and pretty and I''m about to head out to check petsmart for some other options.
This week we also went to Bosqueville's Elementary School Talent Show, and after a slip of the tongue I had to explain to Amelia the next day what a "hoocie mama" was. I'm sorry, but I think that neither a 4th or 5th grader should be wearing a tank that shows their bra straps and shorts that barely cover their hineybo's while shaking it to Rhianna or Lady Gaga or whoever! And that is what I told my daughter...that if your undies show out your clothes, you look like a hoochie
mama.
The SWAT team came to Amelia's school this week and I had yet another "proud" mom moment when she was asked what to do if she found a gun and her response was "keep it!". Luckily, another little girl quickly added "shoot it!" and made me feel a little less like a failure in the area of gun safety education.
It has been a busy week and tonight Abigail has her soccer party, then next week is the final week of school for both girls and Abigail has another party to go to. Friday we are headed to spend some much needed and overdue time with our Bryan peeps before the girls head to their Dads for the first few weeks of summer.
There are approximately 8 weeks left till this little man (hopefully) makes his debut. I am beginning to get really excited about the little things like counting his toes! But I still have LOTS to do to get ready for him...Ryan set up the crib and most of the clothes are hand me downs so they have already been washed and sorted. However I am currently enrolled in 2 classes and I need to knock them out before he gets here.
And finally I am really working on making sure the grirs know that they are still my babies and that Axel won't take Mommy away. I think they are both handlign everything incredibly well, but of course there are still some issues and honestly I would be more concerned if there weren't.
That about sums up what going on in our neck of the woods, till next time :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment