Monday, July 11, 2011

Life before the boy

Tomorrow is the day from what they tell me. The day my life will once again be changed irrevocably, by a boy. A boy who will steal my heart, hang the moon, be my world and then leave.

No, this is not the same old, same old...this will be the story of my son.

Tomorrow, assuming all goes according to plan I will be counting toes and kissing sweet baby boy cheeks and marveling at the goodness of life. I am beyond excited!!!

I have a few brothers, and I've played surrogate mom to a few boys so I don't feel completely unprepared...heck, according to my plan I was gonna have 3 boys first then get my girl. But God had a different plan. A much, much different plan. I am sure tomorrow will be the furthest thing from "my plan" as that seems to be how life goes, hahaha! Back to the point~ tomorrow I won't just play mommy to a boy, I will become Mommy to a boy, to my boy, and I can't think of a greater gift!

Now, a note to my girls...
Just because I blogged about Axel, does not in any way mean that I love you girls less. Or that I don't miss you so much it hurts! It just means that my heart got a little bit bigger, as will your hearts when you meet him. I am so lucky that God had a different plan and that He sent you two into my life first. You girls have made me the mom I am today and I wouldn't trade that for ANYTHING!!!!!!

Some times we have to take detours~and Abigail, as you are realizing sometimes those detours are really not fun. But the good news is, that in the end, we all end up exactly where we need to be, surrounded by people who love us for who we are and happier than we could have dreamed. And the moments of sadness and disappointment help us appreciate the happy moments so much more!


Abigail, you will forever be my first born. You made me a Mom. You are my saving grace and my joy beyond explanation. You amaze me everyday, even when you are not here with me, I am just so proud of the person you are and the potential you have.

Amelia, you are my angel baby. You are my hope and the super bright light in our lives. You mean so much to me, you filled an empty place in my heart before I even knew it was empty.

We don't know yet how this boy will change our lives, no doubt he will make a lot of crazy big messes, but I think you girls will adore him and I know he will adore you both and drive you insane!

So, here goes nothing! :-)

No comments: