Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Life with Axel Jude

As of 11:25 last Tuesday, July 12th 2011, our lives are forever changed. Axel Jude arrived quickly, shocking the Dr by weighing in at 8lbs and 5oz and measuring 20.5 in. I kept telling people he was gonna be a big baby. I love being right! :-)

He is doing great, eating often and at his 5 day appt he impressed his pedi because not only had he gained back the few ounces lost, he had gone over his birth weight! This little man is gonna be a hoss!

He is figuring out the sleeping thing slowly but surely. I have to remind myself he is just a week old and not to be impatient. I want him to stay little even if it means a few sleepless nights. I have enjoyed those nights with all of my kids, that precious alone time where it is just us and its quiet. I have a hard time going back to sleep because I am fascinated with the wonder that is my child. It never gets old to observe a newborn child. Life is such an amazing journey, I can't help but think back to Abigail and Amelia as babies. They grow so fast. I stare at Axel and try to soak in every moment because I know all too soon he will be a chubby infant not a newborn. Then I will blink and he will be a toddler, then a kid...all too soon he will be a man.

I pray he will grow strong, have a kind heart and a wise soul. I pray so many things for this child...but most of all I pray thankful prayers. I am thankful that he is here and I get to be his Mom. There is no greater blessing than my children.

Abigail and Amelia are enjoying the east coast, and even though I miss them more than words can say~ I am grateful that they get to have these experiences and time with family. When they get home I will be rested and Axel will be a little more responsive which I think they will appreciate more than his current grubworm stage, haha!

My cup overflows :-)

No comments: