Friday, October 21, 2011

If only I had more ambition...

Then I would be writing to tell you all that I have decided to go to Med school. However, this is not the case. Not because I don't think I could do it. The last few years have taught me I can do anything I decide to do, but the truth is that I am lazy. Yes, I said it. LAAAAAZZYYYYY! Instead I will continue to recognize 97% of my kids symptoms and link them with the correct diagnoses, and I will continue to be annoyed that I have to go to the Dr and pay the co-pay only to have the Dr confirm my suspicions and then I will still complain about the fact that my Mother is more informative than said Dr. Urghhh! Yes I am "that" person.

I am also "that" mom. The one who excuses her child's annoying habits and behavior as "just being Mia". I hate that I have become that parent, but even more than my self hate...I loathe people who talk about my kid with disdain. I am glad to have finally learned that I have the ability to distance myself from "those" people. If you love my kid, then freakin love my kid~ good, bad & ugly because thats what love is. Love is not Like...it is putting up with the shizznit that you don't want to put up with because you value the person. Glech!

In short, I'm in a bad mood. I just am, annoyed as all get out with life, people & even though my kids drive me crazy bonkers, they are my kids and you better watch what you say about my kids, cuz I am one mean Momma bear!

On the other side of that....

I love the smell of a clean bathroom and multiple loads of clean, folded laundry. I rejoice over a well planned menu, stocked pantry and full bellies. I adore the plethora of ideas currently residing on my pinterest boards. I am enthralled with my son's smiles and my daughters hugs. I am blessed with friends who listen to my incessantly repetitive complaints about my mundane life and how they gently remind me to shut the haybob up and be grateful for what I have. I appreciate my siblings and their ability to make me laugh and the fact that they "get" me more every single day. I am abundantly happy, despite the nasty realist streak that refuses to be disguised.


And I am more confident than ever that if you don't like me for who I am...then you know where the door is. Happy Friday Y'all! :-)

No comments: