Saturday, July 19, 2014

Three years with you, Axel Jude

Three years ago this boy entered our world and staked his claim on our hearts. Three years has flown by so quickly I cannot even fathom where the time has gone? It seems in many ways, that it was just yesterday that we moved to Waco, although it has been 4 years this summer.

Axel turning three looks like this...

He is still concretely attached to his "hush". It is always the last battle I fight. The one we are currently winning is potty training. Once again, we choose to let him do it in his own time and it has worked quite well (thus far!). Our only hiccup was finding a motivating factor. The key seems to have been a puppy. Less than 24 hours after the mention of a pup, he had a completely unprompted/unassisted poo in the pot. We have had trips to BCS, around town and full days and nights accident free. I am incredibly proud of this little guy.

 He is a master at communication~he can tell you precisely what he is thinking, what he wants, what you should not do...and just last weekend he told me I looked beautiful because I was wearing a skirt. Last night, while running around town with Jubilee, little flirt saw some girls and was staring with stars in his eyes. I asked him if they were beautiful and he just blushed and shook his head "yes".

He loves his family. He honestly enjoys Archer and the way they find and cuddle each other at naps is the sweetest.thing.ever. He adores his sisters and misses them so much when they are gone. His Dad is his best friend. And He loves his momma like only a baby boy can.

I know I say this about all my kids, but his is too smart for his own good! The way he thinks, blows my mind. Although I am not a fan of the fact that he plays xBox with his Daddy...I am in awe of how well he plays. He has a very strategic mind and plays with a comprehension and skill level far above his age.

He is strong. He is smart. He is kind. He is cool. He loves his family with a greater love than I could ever put into words.

We are so blessed by the privilege of being his family.


No comments: