Another gift I have decided to give myself is time...to journal.
I am no longer in school so I have an abundance of free time now, right?! HA! But really...I must keep swimming otherwise I'll start growing algae in my brain. Many of my friends are jumping on the Bible journaling bandwagon and I am happy for them. But in this season of life...that's not my cup of tea. Still Christ follower...no currently a church goer.
What is my cup of tea is keeping track n my forward progression of thoughts, a road map if you will. The thing is I firmly believe everything I need to know for my life is already in my head, God equipped me when He created my being. I just have to figure out have to access and apply said knowledge to daily situations.
I find that as I read, each and every book in my stack, God speaks to me because I am silencing myself and listening for Him. Meditation.
And I want to have record of those conversations. I need reminders when I get off track.
Thus begins the journaling of my journey. I am bad about starting things...typically getting excited to start something fresh on a specific date (think new years or birthday) but by the time that date actually comes around I have lost motivation or if I do start and then miss a day- I just stop altogether. I have been very proud of the forward movement I started at the end of December and have maintained for several months now. And I am excited to keep going.
I know good things are coming my way.
Today I sat down with "52 ways to love your body" (Kimber Simpkins) and was in awe of chapter 2. It is the how-to I have been looking for. She literally breaks it down into a simple step- by step process to change how we think about ourselves. If you are like me and have been struggling even a little bit with negative self talk or low self-esteem, get on amazon and order this book today.
Now I that I have documented the start I am off to dig out one of a hundred empty journals I have around my house and start doodling.
Until next time...jn
No comments:
Post a Comment