Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Release

I am tired. I don't want to fight anymore to be seen, or accepted or validated.

I have four kids that need my attention and time.

I may not the the happiest person you have ever met, but I can say with confidence that I am not the most miserable.

Something I find myself telling my kids all.the.dang.time lately is,

"Stop giving them the power to hurt you. What he/she says does not define you or change the course of your life unless you let it. You alone are responsible for your actions."

Oh. I guess that applies to me also.

#putyourmoneywhereyourmouthis

Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. All the while everything is constantly changing.

I wish to high heaven we could get over our dang selves and just be...

I want to enjoy the days I have with my kids because it is all I have. Here, now, this moment. Tomorrow may or may not come.

And when I get to where ever I end up and look back over my life, I want to be able to take a deep breath and sigh peacefully knowing I lived it to the best of my ability.

It is with these final words, I end this chapter. It is this life of mine and I aim to live it.


No comments: