Last August I was pulling myself together and beginning to feel like I could handle this thing that had threatened to destroy me. I had been burned, strengthened and reborn. In the ruins of my hopes and dreams~I found more life and beauty than I ever would have believed possible.
Then I met Ryan. The months between then and now have swept me off my feet, and taken away all sense of balance and somehow, I finally found my groove.
It seems like just yesterday I was walking the loop with Jenni telling her, "No worries. I am not giving up all this for a man!" A few short months later I had to explain to my friend I had lied. He made me an offer I could not refuse. Suddenly, we were engaged, I was moving and life would never be the same.
If you had told me last August I would be where I am now...and for those of you who tried, I laughed out loud!
Somehow, among other accomplishments this year, I have crossed over and am no longer a college freshman! WOW!
I did it! You see, my goal was much smaller than most. I didn't dare dream of a complete degree, (yes, that is obviously the ultimate goal) I simply needed to begin. I began and have at this point completed 33 hours! I am enrolled for 12 hours this fall.
Abigail begins 3rd grade tomorrow. Amelia begins preschool on Tuesday. This week both of my babies will break my heart as they prove they are no longer babies.
And that is a whole other post.
But for now I am relishing in my latest accomplishments and the beauty that comes from looking at where you have been and feeling the waves of relief because you crossed over.
No comments:
Post a Comment