Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Proud Mommy Moments




Last night while Abigail was at softball with Ryan, Amelia opted to go to Target with me. Because she had been very good, I told her she could pick out some candy to share with Abigail. She picked out "burf jerky". I asked her why she was getting that and she responded, "for sister".

This morning after dropping Abigail off at school she spies a little girl whom she thinks is the lil bully who has been harassing Abigail and says "ugh, there's Jalyn". I ask her why such disdain and her response is this, "she is mean to my sister, you should go bust her hiney, Momma". I explain that I can't go bust her hiney because she isn't my kid and this seems to pacify her momentarily. Then she starts saying something about them knocking sister down and I tell her if they knock sister down then my Momma bear will come out and she says "yeah, and my baby bear will come out and I will go to them and say "ROAR!" Aww, she loves her big sister!

Now don't be misled...this is not typical behavior for my melia monster. She is more prone to sass than I could have ever imagined! Just tonight she hops down from eating her ice cream and walks across the kitchen with her hands on her hips and her head just a bobbin. I can't tell you what she was saying because I was too busy trying not to bust out laughing! But she is such a sweet smart girl, who despite testing her limits daily, loves her family in a way that never fails to amaze and humble me.

And the amount of food that child puts away has me frightened. She eats as much as a grown man! She loves to be girly as long as it doesn't require a bow in her hair. They have so many similar characteristics but they express them in completely opposite ways! Abigail was such a peaceful, mature little girl who has grown to be such an inspiring individual and Amelia is a just force to be reckoned with! I look forward to the absolutely amazing things these girls will do and the incredible women they will become! I am so proud to be their Mom :-)

1 comment:

~JAHNA~ said...

Aww I almost got teary eyed reading this post. I love your girls!! They are the most amazing little ladies! And if someone knocks Abi down, they just better start running because they will have a whole army after them.