In spite of all that is going on...today is one of those rare days that started off 9 kinds of wrong but has recovered nicely and is proving to be a really good day. I am not delusional, I still have a million things I need to do (other than blogging) but I'm feeling so blessed I can't help but take time to document the goodness of this day.
The girls were home this weekend which usually guarantees one of two things...a great weekend, or a wretched one. I was determined to make it a good weekend so come Friday night I had it all planned out. Movies, making t-shirts and carving pumpkins & pictures. Granted, it did not go as I planned so perfectly in my head...there are no cutesy pics of my girls in crafty shirts in the pumpkins and there was plenty of fussing and a few well deserved pops to a certain behind...but at the end of it we are smiling and memories were made. I claim that as a victory. Not only because we survived, and the girls smiled but because I let go of my OCD and didn't let the attitude derail the fun. Ryan even threw in a trip to the fair late Saturday night! I love my family.
Abigail had her first Golden Bone Gala (award ceremony) and she made the A-B honor roll so we have upped the ante and now if she makes the A honor roll she will get dinner with Mom and Ryan by herself! She has officially crossed the threshold and I embarrass her now. On Friday, we had to walk in after her and she rolled her eyes when we waved to her at the ceremony :-(
Amelia is brave and has begun making up games and songs and she expects full participation in playing and singing. I love that little girl although there are days she completely overwhelms me! She is also doing well in school and has her first school pics and field trip coming up next week.
As I come to the end of these classes I am stressed to the max but I know there is light at the end of the tunnel and so I trudge forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment