Life has been hectic...but that's pretty "normal" for my crew. A few of my friends have joined Ann Voskamp on her 1000 gifts challenge and although I haven't "officially" joined, I am kinda~sorta following suit.
This was something my Mom was always doing when we were little, when days were rough~she would "count her blessings". Josanna started her blog (days of gratitude) a few years back. I started my affirmation journal when I met Ryan. Something I have struggled with my whole life is being thankful for the rotten things... When I was 12, my favorite book, (well, 2nd favorite) was Corrie ten Boom's, "The Hiding
Place" and the most fierce part of that book for me was when her sister
Betsy was thankful for the fleas that infested their cell...because
those fleas protected them from the guard. While we were in MI this summer, feeling ever so disgruntled at the circumstances of our trip...I read "simple act of gratitdue" and was re-inspired to take inventory of all the blessings in my life.
I am so abundantly blessed! After last week's events~my heart is a wreck. I am so thankful that their bumps and bruises have healed quickly. I am so thankful we have insurance and cars, and per-scheduled days off from work...Somebody really was looking out for us!! I am so thankful for my children...for the disobedience, dependance, disrespect...I am thankful for these things because they tell me my children are here. May I NEVER take that for granted!
I am in the home stretch with school. Aside from parenthood, and the divorce, and moving...well...let's just say it's been one of the most challenging things I've ever done, but I am extremely proud of myself for persevering and getting it done! Getting a degree was not in my plan~it was unnecessary in my life plan. I am thankful for circumstances that made it a necessity, a possibility and a reality.
Thankful for my husband~that he is who he is and that God knows my needs better than I do and can create something beautiful from the ashes.
No comments:
Post a Comment