A lifetime ago...I thought I was nothing, a broken little girl playing house with a man who was mean, because he didn't know how to be anything else. Oddly enough~I thought I was happy. I had what I always wanted...
Through the destruction of my dreams and broken heart...I realized I was never "nothing".
After years of struggle, an ocean of teardrops and more heartache than I thought I could bear. I realized I was never as broken as people wanted me to believe. I was valuable as I was and I had the potential to be even more.
Today I submitted the last assignments for my classes. I will graduate in December.
~~~
When you left, you did your very best to destroy me, but you couldn't. All you did was make me stronger.
You told me I was nothing and that I'd always be nothing, that I'd never do anything worthwhile...you were wrong. All that did was make me determined.
As twisted as it sounds, I am thankful you were such a wretched jerk to me. I am thankful that you beat me down and left me, hoping I'd die in a fiery car crash.
I set out to prove you wrong and I did. It might be a baby step...but it's still a step. And I did it without abandoning my family...
A lifetime ago you said "come hell or high water, I'll make you happier than you've ever been".
I never imagined it would work out this way...
I am happier than I ever hoped to be. But you didn't do it...I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment