Things with the girls are getting increasingly harder. Every other Friday is a fight of epic proportions, and Sunday is filled with tearful relief.
I wish he would remember what it felt like. I wish he would stop pawning off his parental responsibility on her. The girls want a dad... Not another mom. She carries the burden of being mom to her daughters and trying to keep him involved with our daughters.
I know he is doing his best, the only way he knows how. But it won't work.
1) did it really *work* with him? He may not have gotten into drugs or knocked up his HS gf... But he had his fair share of issues.
2) he has daughters... You can't parent sons & daughters the same. You can have the same basic foundation and yes there are similarities... But there are also differences that need to be taken into account.
I wish he would just man up.
No comments:
Post a Comment