Thursday, May 7, 2009

Words of encouragement!

So after feeling like a complete and utter failure in the parent department the past few weeks, I got the sweetest comment on my last blog. Thanks Carmen!

I also got the coolest Mothers Day card. Eeven sweeter was Abi was apologizing because "Dad picked it out before we got there and he doesn't know we aren't allowed to watch spongebob. I consider that my gift...she knows her boundaries! (proud sigh!) It is one of those cards that talks and says "you're my best friend!" Is there any higher compliment from your 7 year old? I am biased, and she has her moments but over all I think my kid ROCKS!!! Abigail is a very special little girl, she has faced some very difficult trials, and I think she has handled them with maturity and grace beyond her years. She is smart, healthy beautiful and has a heart of pure love! I am very blessed to be her friend :-)

So all in all my life is beyond AwEsOmE! I have moments when I am sad, and life is HARDER than I ever imagined, but despite all the snotty noses, muddy hands, peas in my blinds and downright ugly days, My kids love me and I have friends who think I'm pretty cool.

My peaceful thought for today is, "I am not who I was yesterday, I am stronger, wiser and more loved. If tomorrow comes I will change once again. I am who I need to be for TODAY, and that is all that truly matters."

No comments: