After 3 days of fever and extreme fussiness...we have teeth! Well, Axel that is. I don't think it was all teething but more so a combination of teething, allergies and whatever funky virus the girls had a few weeks back.
Abigail was picked to be 4th grade queen for the Spring Carnival and she is so excited! This last week has been hard for me...to see her transforming before my eyes. She picked out an actual Easter dress and borrowed Jubi's sparkly toms and some jewelery from Jahna. She looked so beautiful! I am so lucky to have her as my daughter! I love that she spends hours in lost in a book. That she is enjoying drawing and painting. I am amazed at the raw talent she has.
Amelia is really trying to be a big help, and she loves that she gets special one on one time when the babies nap. Every day she comes up with the greatest comments, lots of apparently, perhaps and by the ways. She has loved telling stories ever since she learned to talk. I love to watch her play pretend. My Mom says she acts just like I did as a little girl. I remember getting in trouble for changing clothes so I guess I can't really deny it. It cracks me up to see how different she is from Abigail.
My precious, unique baby girls. I love how perfectly balanced they are, almost exactly 1/2 of their Dad and 1/2 me. I love that even now...I look at them and see such a strong, beautiful love. My heart swells.
So even though this hasn't been my favorite week, I am so happy that I get to spend just about everyday with my very favorite people in the whole, entire world!
And grateful for friends who hear my weary heart and send encouragement exactly when I need it. Reassurance that I am enough. No matter what...just me, being their Mom, I am enough. I don't have to have the perfect house, or perfectly documented activities...I dont' have to compete because I am irreplaceable. Its not like with their Dad...I am biologically part of their hearts. The first sounds they heard was my heart as it beat for them and my voice telling them how much I loved them.
And that in and of itself...is enough. Thank you sweet baby Jesus for such peaceful thoughts as these and the friends who whisper them to my wrecked soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment