Wow...where to begin?
While I was in Stephenville this past weekend, I did so much thinking, and actually even felt good about it. I know where I am going, I know what I want and I know I'll be alright even if it doesn't work out *my* way.
Today I am driving to Round Rock to get the girls and then head home. I know I am low on gas and am looking for a gas station. I see one but by the time I realize it is open, I have passed it. I think about turning back but read the display and it tells me I have 40 miles to go...and then I see the sign saying Leander is 22 miles so I keep going. About the same moment my thought process finishes my steering wheel locks up and my car dies. I am grateful I wasn't mid turn, that could have been very bad as there was quite A bit of traffic on 183 today. :-) Jubilee and I get out and start walking back to the gas station when man pulls up and asks if we need help. I am hesitant, but also in need of help so I look in his truck and see the Baptist convention cap and the Bible and so I say, yes and climb in (okay there was a tad more hesitation than that but again I am an hour and a half away from anyone I know.) Long story short, he takes us to the gas station, and we get gas then he drives us back and puts gas in the car. He makes sure I know to crack the windows and we are on our way once again. Thank you to all of you who received freaking out text or call form me. We made it home safe a sound and God was certainly watching over us!
So now we are home with 2 very tired little girls...we came home to a big pink poster and some sparkly stars on the table with cupcakes. And the swing set is up in the back yard. Thank you!!!
So tomorrow is a big day for the Sanders Girls. Abigail begins First Grade and I start at Blinn.
Now I that I have posted an update I realize my 19 month old is still awake and creeping up behind me. She needs her Momma...and I am more than happy to cuddle her! Good night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment