Monday, August 18, 2008

Solitude



My heart is torn in half. I must choose. Why do I find myself in this situation over and over again? Why can't they see how this rips me to shreds!! Why do they think they know better than I what my heart needs? Who is he to tell me that what I long for doesn't exist?

Is it really so unthinkable that a man might fall so deeply in love with me that he would lose his pride and be with me, as I do for him?

I want the relationship described in the Bible...I want a man to love me as Christ loved the church. I was created for this. I was made in His image, for His purpose. I was not made with flaws, but intricate, unique characteristics to perfectly follow His will. Why can't he see how precious and rare a heart like mine is?

My mind is lonely, they are fighting for my heart, but the only one who will lose is me.

How much more must I lose before He will look at me with kindness and bless me? How much more refining must I endure?

I have to be strong and take solace in His arms and know that above all else...he has called me beloved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



No comments: