My youngest sister Jubilee is the most amazing girl I have ever met. No, really! She is this extremely rare jewel...she is so good, but not a fake goody two shoes so you can't hate her. She is pure and serene and oh so talented you really wish you could hate her but you can't. The more time I spend with her , the more I love her. I remember when she was a baby she would cry and it would bother me because she had been fed and changed and still she cried. I didn't know what to do with her...until one day I wrapped her up tight, burrito style and took her outside. This may not seem peculiar until I explain that she was as summer baby, so I was taking her outside, wrapped in a blanket in JULY, in TEXAS. She needed to be in the sunshine and she liked being HOT. Go figure :-)
So now, here she is, closing in on 18 and committed to sacrificing her Orbit cinnamint gum and Starbucks coffee for Lent. Not one, but two things she relied on daily. She has the self discipline of a Monk! A few weekends ago, we were in S'ville and she took Abigail to get a chai tea latte and me a frappucino and did not waver one bit! She is a rock!
I am not. I can't even blog for 30 consecutive days about the blessings in my life. My mom says the purpose of lent is to point out our imperfection in that only Christ could make, and follow through with such an extreme sacrifice, and that He needed to to because we are such failures. That seems a little harsh, however...true.
But today, I am thankful for this incredible girl and the fact that she is not only my sister, but my friend. Jubilee, you are a rock star. I hate, umm, I mean, I love you :-p
And with that I'm off to finish my math homework and pack so we can go to Dallas this weekend for a wedding.
1 comment:
Yea, she pretty much is the bomb dot com.
Even with Cinnamon Orbit gum hanging out in Daniel's car, she still stays away. Me on the other hand, not so much.
Post a Comment