Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can I just be...

I promise I will end this post on a positive note, but first I have to get some of this out.

We began the weekend on a great note, Headed up to Dallas for a McCormick wedding and left in enough time to stop at Braums, for burgers and ice cream. YUM! Then it began to go down hill...Traffic was stressful and by the time we got up there the girls and I were already on edge. There were things said in tones, that just didn't set well with my pregnant self. I understand people were trying to help, but I am going to find a way to inform them that when I want help, I will ask for it and there are certain subjects/areas of my life that are off limits.

Saturday was too incredibly hectic and weddings are not kid friendly, I know this and I should have listened to my gut and stocked my bag with snacks and books etc. I know how to entertain my children and I should have just stood my ground through out the whole weekend. By trying to cater to others I subjected my baby sister to having a break down, the girls to extra time in the car and myself to far more stress/hurt feelings/panic attacks than I care to admit. I know I didn't break her car, or harm my children in any way ...but I should have listened to my gut and sent her home instead of trying to find a way to take care of my kids and follow others advice for how to handle certain aspects of the weekend. Anyway...whats done is done and I am thankful for the review...apparently I haven't quite learned my lesson.

I am capable and just because others might handle situations differently does not mean that I have to take their suggestions, especially when it goes against my gut!

Back to the spirit of thanksgiving~I am thankful that this weekend is over. I am thankful that next weekend I get to go relax and be myself with my dear friends. I am thankful for Ryan and that he had a good birthday, even though he had to fly back to Az for the next 3 weeks, I am grateful he has a job and provides for our family so well.

I am thankful for extended family and the lessons they teach us. I may be offended and grouchy (hormonal) but family loves you regardless.

I am thankful to kiss my baby girls goodnight tonight. I was reminded again this weekend of those who do not get the chance to do that, so tonight I kiss them over and over again with a renewed appreciation of their physical presence on this earth. And I got some super cute pic sof Axel!

Hehehe, I am thankful for Picnik.com and the unique touches it allows me to put on all my photos, even sono shots! :-)

I am thankful for comfy hotel comforters, for cars that run, and that doughnuts and orange crush makes up for missed wedding cake!

I am thankful for the knowledge that this too shall pass...all too quickly these days will be but a memory.

No comments: