"Mama said there'd be days like this, there'll be days like this Mama said"
Days where you feel like you are non stop fussing and cleaning up after kids, wanting to break down and sob, but you can't so you on trucking and it all just snowballs until you find yourself yelling and for what you have no idea?!
Oh, you've never had a day like that. Yeah...Me either.
Okay, so actually I did, I do and I will again. It is part of the deal. You have kids...they make your life miserable. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Luckily for me, there was a pot roast in the fridge that needed to be cooked today. It wasn't on my schedule to cook today. Our menu for the week was thrown off when Ryan suggested pizza Monday. Who turns down the opportunity NOT to cook dinner on a Monday night?! Not I, said the cat! Anyhoo~so there was this pot roast and I had 5 mins to chunk it in the crock pot. My Mom never really followed recipes when we were growing up. She did measure when baking because those were alot of our math lessons, but in general when preparing dinner she just did what she did and called it good. So today I didn't have my typical ingredients for pot roast so I was forced to wing it and the result was delicious! Ryan went back for 2nds so I know he liked it. *See, I am learning that just because he doesn't say it was yummy does not mean he thinks it was gross. ;-P
Amelia set the table and used her best of manners. Lots of "yes ma'ams" and after fussing earlier in the day about how she does not like pot roast, she even said it was "actually good!" That girl!
We all have our comfort foods, and I'd have to say pot roast it probably one of the most comforting, soul healing foods for me. The potatoes and carrots and onion...that's good stuff!
All this to say~today was a great day, even after it was funky! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment