I love New Years. With it brings promise and hope, the relief of forgetting all of the previous years crap and disappointments, motivation, a fresh start, and a great party doesn't hurt! :-)
Typically I am a fool for resolutions, and this week I've been struggling with the hundreds of resolutions I want to apply to 2012. I am not kidding, there are literally hundreds which is why I am not blogging them individually. Nor am I posting about the things I want to try to change. A wise friend once told me trying is crap...and he was right, so this is for Billy.
I resolve to change myself this year. Even if I fail to change individual things, routines, physical aspects of my life I can confidently state this is my ultimate resolution because no matter what I do or don't do, I will change. It is inevitable. :-)
Last year I improved, and I will continue that improvement this year, blogging about the things I have experimented with and whether they were successful or not. I have already successfully avoided a few meltdowns after emotional attacks, and even stood my ground and defended myself in the face of opposition.
I have been drinking more water and eating more (this is important because I am nursing).
I have not yet figured out how to get my kid to sleep before 11:00.
I have not yet figured out the "perfect" chore system for our family.
I have not lost momentum because I acknowledged the fact that New years is not a cure all. It is a starting point and there will be ups and downs and I truly feel I am at my most healthful mental state in years!
No comments:
Post a Comment