The girls have gone to their Dads...and so begins my summer sentence.
I know there are other moms who relish this time...look forward to it and soak it up, but I'm not normal. Never have been. So this time is not a vacation to me, but definitely more of a imprisonment.
At least now I have Axel so my heart is not standing still outside of my body for the next 30 something days.
A few things I wanted to share before I forget them...
Not exactly a treasure, but worth noting...
While walking around Sam's and making a mental note of everything we needed to get before taking the girls to their Dads, Abigail says, "we need to take whole milk. You know, they are breaking the yours, mine and ours rule." I looked at her quizzically and she explained, "they say there is no yours, mine and that it is all ours, but its not. It's A's milk and we can't have it, it's not for us. They broke their own rule." My heart didn't know whether to break into a million pieces or swell with pride that she can put these things together and articulate her thoughts so well at ten years old. I just smiled, nodded my head and hugged her tight because I had no clue what to say, and I sent whole milk for my babies.
Last night I got a text for Abagailagator asking if it is rude to tell someone a chore is not something you do for money or because you are told...you just do it because it needed to get done. I told her it wasn't rude, it was the truth, but asked who she had said it to. We've been working on how our words or intentions may not be rude, but depending on who we are talking to, and the tone we are using, it can be perceived as rude and that we may not respect people or choices, but we respect the position...so I was a tad bit concerned when I received this message that my sweet girl was already rocking the boat. Anyhow...back to the story. She responded that she had been telling Amelia that and I was filled with pride at what an AwEsOmE big sister she is. Those two girls fight like crazy but I love that they already keep each other in check and look out for one another. I adore my sisters and I am so grateful that the girls have each other, best friends for life!
I missed them something awful at the wedding yesterday. Amelia would have loved all the frills and fluff and Abi would have been in heaven watching all the wildlife (they had kangaroos!) but I was pretty busy (which is why I don't even have a pic of the kangaroo) and last night when we got home all I wanted to do was get those shoes off and collapse into my bed!
This morning my house is empty and my heart hurts.
But I'll see them soon :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment