Friday, June 29, 2012

Not quite 1 year





I am so sad...I had this all typed up but blogger ate my post, let's see if I can remember all there is to say about this boy.

Axel will turn 1 year old in just a few short weeks, and is already acting grown!  He is such a little man and feels like he ought to have control of the remote so he spends a good portion of his day trying to commandeer it! He is pretty good at swiping it and punching buttons until he is successful in changing the station and getting all attention redirected back to him as he feels it should be 24/7, hehehehe!

He also loves to load and unload the trash can. I started noticing that my sippy cup and sucker supply was looking thin, and just the other day I opened the trash can to find 3 cups, some toys and a sucker sitting on top. Today he rescued his dirty diaper and was so proud to carry it back to me. 

He loves his cars and balls. He is very good at throwing balls.in the house.because it makes Daddy laugh.and Momma fuss.He thinks Momma fussing is the most hilarious thing.EVER!

He is very independent when we are in public, but at home feels like he should be carried and cuddled constantly.

He no longer has a cyst above his left eye, but has acquired a freckle just above his left elbow.

He is absolutely the most charming boy I know and rarely naps because it is all I can do to let him sleep and not scoop him up for more kisses. He needs naps and I work very hard to make his take naps, but after just 20 minutes I start missing him and this might be a factor in why he hardly ever sleeps for more than 45 minutes. Leave me alone, he is my last and the only one I've been allowed to "baby".

He loves and misses his sisters so much! I don't know who I am more excited for them to come home for, me or Axel. Just kidding...I am excited for me! :-p

He loves to eat and will wreck the kitchen looking for food when it is not offered. It is my secret weapon, I know this is not "healthy"...but Momma's know the rule, do what you gotta do! He throws epic tantrums when we do not share our ice cream. 

He adores water! When he hears water in the bathroom, he comes running and tries to climb in the tub. He knows what the sprinkler does. If there is a melted ice cube or drips from unloading the dishwasher, her will find them, and if he can't find a puddle, he will make one. He is so smart and has figure out that if he shakes his cup hard enough, the stopper will come loose water will come out all over the place! 

He also loves to play outside and he thinks Maelei is a suitable entertainment replacement when sisters are not available. We have been taking walks at night and it is seriously the only time this boy is still and quiet other than sleeping. And he already knows and has become accustom to this routine.

He still prefers me, which I LOVE, but he is starting to find Ryan quite humorous which is a tiny relief. 

I knew last year that this boy was going to rock our world. Watching Abigail mature and bond with him has wrecked my heart! Watching Amelia laugh and love on him, is the best medicine for any soul or headache!

I think I have the smartest, most beautiful & handsome, entertaining and cuddly children ever to walk this planet. But then again...I have a tenancy to be a bit biased when it comes to my children! :-)

No comments: